Saturday 8 November 2008

New Trailer for Pixar's 'Up'



I have to say Pixar's 'Up' really excites. If I'm honest I was slightly underwhelmed by 'Wall-E' and 'Ratatouille' so I'm hoping that 'Up' will provide me with that Pixar goosepimply feeling again.

One criticism I have for the trailer though and that is the opening. I'm a believer that if a movie is good it should sell itself. Generally I tend to find that if a studio has to plaster the names of the actors in huge letters over the trailers/posters (see the ad camapign for 'Bolt') or they have to remind the audience about past hits they have had, then a film may not be up to scratch. I'm hoping the necessity to recap past Pixar movies in this trailer does not speak of it's quality and is just a way to attract family audiences to a film that given its elderly main character may be quite a hard sell. I'm sure we have nothing to worry about however.

No comments: